Young Families Connect of Robeson County
The Focus of YFC is to assist expectant and/or parenting women and men ages 13-24 years of age, to overcome life's challenges and achieve their goals by:
- Increasing self sufficiency
- Improving health and wellness
- Improving parenting skills
All young women and men who enroll in the YFC program are expected to participate in all components of the program for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 2 years. In order to receive support and financial assistance offered by the program, individuals are required to participate in Incredible Years parenting classes, Ready, Set, Plan workshops and Domestic Violence Prevention classes.
- Case Management - developing and maintaining individual goal plans.
- Financial assistance with childcare, transportation, and medical services for Parent or child.
- Assistance with Education such as GED completion or Continuing education
- Assistance with seeking employment.
In order to receive support and financial assistance offered by the program, participants must participate in the following:
- Incredible Years parenting classes for parents of children ages 3-6.
- Ready, Set, Plan Workshops(Health and Wellness Training)
- Domestic Violence Prevention workshops
- Employment skills building workshops
The Young Families Connect program will strive to enhance the lives of individuals through educational, domestic violence, health and wellness, and financial workshops and/or trainings. A parenting program (Incredible Years) will also be pro-vided to parents of children ages 3-6.
For more information contact
Young Families Connect staff:
This publication was made possible by Grant #SP1AH000020-01-00 from the HHS Office of Adolescent Health in conjunction with the North Carolina Division of Public Health-Women’s and Children’s Health Section. Contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Department of Health and Human Services or the Office of Adolescent Health.